Sunday, March 29, 2020

Painting a plastic Sister Superior

By the manner of their death we shall know them.

Earlier this month, I painted the first plastic Sister of Battle in crimson of the Order of the Bloody Rose. I was able to paint the model quite quickly, having used Contrast paints to do most of the base paintwork. This, coupled with the fact that there is a pandemic afflicting the globe, I had the extra time to paint the second sister, this one the Sister Superior for the squad! The painting followed the same template as the first, so I will not go into detail here, and just wanted to show some pictures of the completed model!


This was my first attempt at painting a dark skin tone (only the second face I have painted for that matter, ha ha). It was painted with a base coat of Vallejo Model Color Chocolate Brown (70.872), followed by some glazes of black into some of the recesses. Finally some highlights were done, mixing Ushabti Bone into the Chocolate brown.


Flesh Tearers Contrast paint was used to paint the red armor. The recesses were then darkened by glazing in a heavily diluted mixture of Flesh Tearers and Black Templar Contrast paint.


A Raptor Space Marine next to the Sister Superior.

- Eric Wier








9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I am happy with it too! Great to hear from you too; we hope all is well despite the pandemic.

      Delete
  2. Love the colorscheme - especially the rich reds are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have been really surprised how nice Fleshtearers Red works!

      Delete
  3. You've made me want to mimic your scheme! What color did you use under the Flesh Tearers Red?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new sisters are the best proportioned miniatures in the entire 40K range now. Look how non massive the heads and helmets are (I never thought I'd see the day). What I wouldn't give for smaller space marine helmets - look at your picture, SM helmets are still too big even on primaris, it's infuriating. https://imgur.com/ykjxaJ7 Ugh they're so gigantic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, hoping to see more of these excellent sisters soon ;)

    ReplyDelete