Thursday, August 10, 2017

Rainbow Warriors Project: Chaplain Painted

Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

I recently posted pictures of a Chaplain that I converted for the Rainbow Warriors Project, an initiative to promote diversity and inclusiveness in the miniature wargaming community. I was able to devote the last week or two to painting the model, and am happy to show you pictures of the completed model sans base. All of the bases for the army are being painted separately by Dan from the Lonely Havocs, to help unify the force. Any thoughts or comments on the model are appreciated!


I wanted to make his cloak look really weathered and battered. I used green stuff to make the edges look tattered, and then used a combination of enamels and pigments from AMMO of Mig to add the dirt and grime to the blue.

I painted the Rainbow Warriors’ chapter symbol and rainbow bands on his kneepads and shoulderpad.

To add a little life to his volatile plasma pistol, I used some of Vallejo’s fluorescent green paint.

- Adam Wier

4 comments:

  1. That looks great, but I am disappointed that you didn't paint the cape in a technicolour rainbow pattern ;-)

    But in all seriousness though, that looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking back on it, the rainbow patterned cloak would have been awesome. It is something to consider for the future. :)

      Delete
  2. Great paint job, particularly the lower cape weathering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words! I am quite pleased with the weathering on the cape too. The enamels from AMMO by Mig works really well. They are worth tying if you have not yet.

      Delete