Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Liebster Award



I was pretty taken aback to discover Questing Artificer included my blog in his Liebster Award blog list (a list filled with many excellent blogs).  It is always nice to know that your work is appreciated and seen by others, as it is a wonderful motivator to keep modeling.  It is particularly important in the first few months of a blog, lest you lose interest and stop altogether.  The purpose of the Liebster Award award is to allow bloggers to recognize a selection of blogs that they think are exceptional, with a focus on newer or smaller blogs that may not have as many followers or are still trying to carve out a niche for themselves.  Each nominee is asked to state eleven truths about themselves, answer eleven questions from the blogger who nominated them and finally come up with a series of eleven questions they would like their nominees to answer.

Thank you Questing Artificer for the nomination; here it goes!


Eleven Truths:
  1. I have a love of Coca-Cola that verges on being unhealthy.
  2. I love amphibians.
  3. I much prefer PCs over Macs.
  4. I am currently attending graduate school in biochemistry (studying x-ray crystallography!).
  5. I started to play 40k in the 2nd edition, when terminators had a 3+ save on 2 D6 (and they could choose to ignore being on fire, if my memory serves…).
  6. I won bronze in the open category of Baltimore Golden Demon (2006) with a Blood Bowl Norse Blitzer.
  7. I share the same birthday as the legendary Clint Eastwood.
  8. If I had to name a favorite band, it would have to be Armchair Martian.
  9. Before starting graduate school a couple years ago, I largely disliked metal as a music genre. Now, however, it is one of my favorites (angry music for frustrating times, he he).
  10. The blog title is a play off of the metal band Between the Buried and Me.
  11. I have not watched television in approximately nine years.

The MVP of the Esoteric Order of Dagon.

Eleven Questions (answered to):
  1. Favourite colour?  It is really hard to pick one, they all have their place.
  2. Favourite glue?  I have worked with Krazy Glue for over 15 years and it has never let me down.
  3. d6 or d10?  I guess I prefer the d10 because of the increased dynamic range, but admittedly do not play many games using it.
  4. Fantasy or sci-fi?  Science Fiction.  I love firearms.
  5. Karl Kopinski or John Blanche?  Kopinski by a landslide; while Blanche works in broad strokes, Kopinski knows that the devil is in the details, but does not let them get out of hand.
  6. Favourite sport?  Target shooting.
  7. Buried alive or strangled to death? Don’t see how anyone could prefer to be buried alive.
  8. Beer or cider?  Both inebriants lack a fundamental quality of goodness, but I would have to select beer over the later.  
  9. Favourite musical genre?  A difficult selection, but I would have to say punk rock, with an alternative country tinge (here’s looking at you Two Cow Garage).
  10. Favourite model? Nagash, without a doubt ;)
  11. Favourite paintbrush? Winsor & Newton Kolinsky Sable brushes
In all honesty, this model is not too inspiring.

Eleven Blogs (in no particular order):
  1. Frothing Muppet’s Land of Miniatures - A delightful blog filled with orks, space marines, and mysterious inquisitors (and their hard-as-nails henchmen)!
  2. BLOODYdice - You are unlikely to find nicer Minotaur Space Marines anywhere (and some equally awesome Blood Angels).
  3. Independent Painters - A constant source of fantastically painted Malifaux miniatures.
  4. Forlorn Hope - If you needed more proof that the Horus Heresy is awesome, look no further for some brilliant Sons of Horus marines (and one of the coolest gun servitors ever).
  5. Pijamas Project - Pijamas Gagarin reminds us the only thing cooler then space marines are truescale space marines!
  6. Four Go To War - A fantastic blog focusing on Warhammer 40k and showcasing inspirational models from the Imperial Guard and the Inquisition.   
  7. The Rising Sign - A talented sculptor that uses his skills to make some of the most convincing Inq28 models around (and to make already awesome models even more impressive, like the Dark Vengeance  Chosen).
  8. Voyage au centre de l'enfer - The home of some of the creepiest and most bizarre servants of chaos.
  9. Sniffing the paint fumes… - A nice reminder that there are miniature companies other than Games Workshop!
  10. The Metatyrant - A fascinating glimpse into some of seedy and incomprehensible figures in the esoteric order that is the Inquisition.
  11. Rebel’s Grotto - Proof that the Dark Angels are awesome (and surprisingly that the Darkshroud landspeeder can look nice)!

Eleven Questions (Asked):
  1. Eisenhorn or Ravenor?
  2. What is your favorite aspect of the miniature hobby?
  3. Will dread Cthulhu rise from his sunken city of R’lyeh?
  4. Who is your favorite artist?
  5. If you are about to embark on a long drive with nothing to think about, what musical album would you want to listen to?
  6. Have you ever played the cRPG: Planescape: Torment?
  7. Games Workshop’s White Dwarf magazine recently switched formats and is now weekly, thoughts?
  8. Is the Alpha Legion the Imperium’s doom or their salvation?
  9. Benchmade or Spyderco?
  10. What boardgame would you most like to play this weekend?
  11. Who is your favorite sculptor?

And since this blog is primarily one to show you my current modeling projects, I would feel amiss if this one did not have some indication of what I am working on.



- Adam Wier

7 comments:

  1. Great article! And thanks again for the nomination!
    Henry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou very much for the nod Adam - that was very unexpected - I'm glad my little corner of the internet provides some interest for you.

    I really must crack on with some of my henchmen now - but your recent series of posts has me thinking I should go back over them with some greenstuff to hand and see what I can do about lifting their standard a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on winning a liebster award. I recently just won one and was soo excited. I love Coco Cola, but have managed to give it up for a while, whilst I go on a fizzy drink detox. Now that I have a MAC I can't work on PC's anymore, as I'm so used to how my MAC operates. Congratulations on reaching 57 followers, your first 100 are your hardest.
    I'm now following you on GFC. Please check me out & if you like what you see, follow me too:
    louiseabenamensah.blogspot.co.uk/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the nomination my friend, much appreciated. I am really glad you enjoy watching my Malifaux stuff. I've just finished writing an entry with my answers, list and questions. Time-consuming but a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Adam, many thanks for the award. While it's kind of hilarious, it's really working! I've posted a reply on my blog, but I've failed to list 11 blogs. If you have any ideas, let me know! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for the comments! Keep up the great work with your respective blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, great stuff Adam ;) Glad you appreciate the nomination!

    ReplyDelete